I’m not really sure how to describe my 2021, tiring, exciting and stressful maybe? Like 2020, 2021 was still full of uncertainties and anxieties, but hopefully we’re seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
Nothing much happened in 2021 because we’re still WFH and there’s still lockdown every now and then, depending on the number of cases. But unlike 2020, the year 2021 somehow gave us a sense of normalcy because there’s more mobility, especially during the last quarter of the year.
Anyway, as my annual tradition since 2013, here’s a quick replay of my 2021!
QUICK RESPITE AWAY FROM MANILA
Siargao. I’ve been meaning to visit Siargao for so long but tried to avoid the island as it was packed with so many tourists. But for 2021 and on my birthday month, we finally got to visit this tropical paradise in Mindanao and instantly fell in love with it and their food. I think next to Batanes, Siargao is one of my favorite places in the Philippines. Because of the pandemic, there was obviously less tourists when we visited the island.
Sadly, before 2021 ended, Siargao was badly hit by typhoon Odette and left the island completely devastated. A far cry from the usual paradise we always see in photos and videos. 🙁 Siargao Island was even hailed as one of the ‘World’s Greatest Places in 2021’, and now this. 🙁
I hope the island and the Siargaonons will recover very soon, as well as the other provinces that were affected by the recent typhoon.
La Union. Last hurrah before starting something new. Got to experience again San Juan, La Union’s breathtaking sunset, and of course their famous El Union Coffee.
Wasn’t able to try surfing though because as you can see, December waves are not friendly for beginners like me. Hahaha!
3RD AND 4TH TATTOO
Told myself that I will get another tat as soon as the pandemic is over as a simple remembrance for surviving this health crisis, however, I think this pandemic will last longer than expected so I just decided to have the tat as soon as I get fully vaccinated. And where else to get a new tattoo but in Siargao! Of course my next tattoo should be special and meaningful as well.
Learned to cook. I first tried cooking Kimchi Rice in 2020 but really started cooking other dishes, especially my favorite Sinigang, in 2021. Sometimes being stuck at home, condo to be specific, and being lazy to go down the lobby, has its advantage. I was forced to cook. Hahaha!
Let’s now review my 2021 Blueprint and see if I was able to accomplish anything
- Learn how to drive. Haven’t enrolled in any driving school yet, just the usual practice driving only where there are less vehicles. Hahaha!
- Travel. Subic, Siargao, La Union. No international travels for now
- Fix some parts of my house in Laguna. Had my dirty kitchen fixed because of the rusted gutter due to the January 2020 ash fall.
- Finish at least 2-3 travel guides. Ummm…I was so busy that I was only able to finish my Seoul Travel Guide. Hoping to finish at least 1 or 2 this coming year. Hopefully!!!
AND FOR MY 2022 BLUEPRINT
- Learn how to drive. Will forever aim for this one. Hahaha!
- Pay out my car loan. Hopefully!
- Read more books. I hope I have more time this year to finish my books
- More travel guides. I’m sooo way behind already
Thank you 2021, next please!